Monday, April 2, 2007

人事異動 Personnel Transfers

this transfer happens in Japan
every April

some ppl get transferred
some stays

it's the weirdest thing ever
ok...
first
the employees have no say in this whole process
the only way is to accept or quit

second
you can be transferred to a position that you have no qualification for
well, for example
this april
a daycare teacher was just transferred to work in the residents section in the city hall...
i don't know why
it just doesn't make any sense to me

little clarification:
in my town
the daycares are also under the control of the local government
as long as you work under under the control of the local government
you are expected to work in all different departments

also
teachers are expected to transfer between schools in the same prefecture
from elementary schools to junior high schools

my first personnel transfer in japan (not like i am gonna get transfer to anywhere..haha)
3 of my favourite persons that i met here are getting transferred...

1)kacho(my manager) Mr. Y
he is a very very very nice person
kind...a little slow...funny
haha!! he gave me rice and veggies and bread
although he is just transferred to another department (only 2 floors above)
it's kinda sad not being able to be in the same office anymore

2)English teacher in junior high (M san)
she is definitely one of my fav persons here in japan
it's a lot of fun helping out in her English class
she is like my sister. friend
we clicked the first time we met
although she still lives very close by
it's kinda sad not being able to be in the same classroom again

3)journalist (local newspaper) (H san)
he is also definitely one of my fav persons here too
i don't remember when i met him but he always attended all the events and the English classes that i organized (for newspaper)
he is moved to another area of the prefecture which is a bit far from where i am
it's kinda sad not seeing him in my events anymore

No comments: